Chirp and Chatter Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: The Marriage Pact (Michelle Richmond)

A mysterious wedding gift from a wealthy, influential client. Gotta be a good thing, right?
Well…not necessarily.

Jake and Alice are honored when a  key client of the law firm Alice works for accepts Her offhand invitation to their wedding. They’re intrigued by the unusual gift from that same guest—a membership to an exclusive, secret club called  the Pact. But the couple soon discover a frightening dark side to what seems at first to be a delightful group of elite members, all focused on furthering the institution of marriage... making it all that it should be.

But the Pact’s idea of perfect unity could cost Alice and Jake everything…including their lives.

This novel was a side trip into a different genre for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. A little iffy in the beginning, as I adjusted to the first-person presentation, but within a few pages, I was completely intrigued, and had to know more about whatever situation the hero appeared to be in. The author did a great job of making me care about the characters, their relationship, and what the Pact would mean to that relationship…good or bad. Other than the occasional use of language I would prefer not to see, I love Michelle Richmond’s writing style, and look forward to more from this new-to-me author.

No comments:

Post a Comment