Friday, August 10, 2018
However, I've decided it's time to depart the nest. I need to focus more on writing and less on "extra" things that take me away from that. So, I'm winging my way to new adventures. Perhaps someday I'll return to this nest. Perhaps not. Whatever God wills.
Keep chirping your joy of the Lord. Keep chattering in love to one another. Keep loving God and each other.
God bless you all!
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
|Dave Arp (aka Boo Riley) in Alaska|
Persistence pays off yet again! Perhaps it'll take hold and readers will be raring for more of Jake and his friends.
Speaking of readers...what book are you
A journey indeed...both of your current reading choices! Do you usually insert a spiritual theme into your books? If so, do you have a favorite?
I hear you. I write by the seat of my pants too, most of the time -- although I'm learning that it's necessary to at least lay out a simple plot, because those editors just think they need to know what a book's about before they'll buy it. Imagine that! :)
Joseph's story is one of the most beloved, most inspiring stories in the Bible. I love it too.
Thank you for stopping by to chat for a moment, Boo. Best of luck to you and Jake!
About Me and Jake:
uhm..dog?...and his friends.
Friday, July 27, 2018
to be delivered to your device on AUGUST 7, 2018!
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
(May 25, 4 to 9 pm Pacific time)
- I’ve moved more than 30 times
- I’ve lived in several locations north of the 60th parallel
- I homeschooled for nine years
- I’m a peanut butter-a-holic
- I’m also a playwright and my stage plays have been performed across N.A.
- I was once stampeded by a herd of wild buffalo
- I’ve been inches away from a polar bear in the wild on more than one occasion (with something like a car window in between, of course!)
- I’m a Sci-fi nerd and used to be a ‘Trekkie’. (Maybe I still am… )
- In my ‘spare’ time when not writing, I like to paint
- I majored in Intaglio printmaking at University (Fine Art Department)
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Looking for Legendary Events?We've got them at
I am thrilled to be going to Deadwood in June, and I want to make sure you don't let this awesome opportunity slip your mind or slide off your calendar. Come with me! Register today and you'll be all set to have one of the best, Wildest, and most Legendary times you'll ever experience!
Friday, March 23, 2018
Hi, all! I've been a little absent of late, and I apologize. The flu doesn't want to let go this year. I've had two recurrences, back to back, and let me tell you -- it's draining and frustrating.
But enough about me. Let's talk about my new book!
I'm sharing an excerpt from Hummingbird Kisses today on Shannon Taylor Vannatter's blog. I hope you'll drop by and say hello. Shannon will be drawing a name from the commenters to win a copy of the collection in which this book was born: COOKING UP KISSES: Five Sweetly Scrumptious Romantic Novellas.
Here's your roadmap to the party. Or copy and paste the link below into your URL field, and you'll be on your way:
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- You'll get free electronic copies of the book, either shortly before or immediately after it's released. I will, now and then, run some kind of contest in which you might win a signed, print copy, as well.
- You’ll also get free bookmarks, postcards, and from time to time, other swag that I might happen to order.
- You'll have the opportunity to offer feedback on future stories. Sometimes I'll take a Messenger poll about a character's name, the title of a book, what each person would do in a given situation, etc. This is fun!
- When a Messenger goes above and beyond, I might even dedicate a book to that special angel, or mention him/her in the acknowledgements of an upcoming book.
- You’ll have access to a secret Facebook group where I’ll post news about upcoming releases, and info for you to share on your social media networks. Also, that's where we can chat about books, romance, angels, the ridiculous stuff we see online...whatever comes up, as long as its clean and edifying.
- If you have a Facebook group or blog, and would like to give away one of my eBooks, give me a holler. Chances are, I'll be able to accommodate.
- A commitment to funnel your enthusiasm into sharing my new releases and event information with friends through social media.
- A commitment to post at least (2) two photos of book covers when you receive them.
- A commitment to post a book review on Amazon (fair and honest reviews, of course), within a reasonable time frame of receiving the book. Reviews posted elsewhere are awesome and appreciated, as well.
- A solemn promise NOT to share your free copies of my eBooks. They are meant for you and you alone. I appreciate your dedication to respecting the work I put into writing by not making it free to the general public.