Chirp and Chatter Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Extravaganza: A Christmas Promise

by Tamera Kraft



A Moravian Holiday Story, Circa 1773

During colonial times, John and Anna settle in an Ohio village to become Moravian missionaries to the Lenape. When John is called away to help at another settlement two days before Christmas, he promises he’ll be back by Christmas Day.

When he doesn’t show up, Anna works hard to not fear the worst while she provides her children with a traditional Moravian Christmas.

Through it all, she discovers a Christmas promise that will give her the peace she craves.

Available at these online stores:

AMAZON (Only $0.99)     PELICAN BOOK GROUP    CHRISTIANBOOK     BARNES AND NOBLE


About Tamera Lynn Kraft
Tamera Lynn Kraft has always loved adventures and writes Christian historical fiction set in America because there are so many adventures in American history. She has received 2nd place in the NOCW contest, 3rd place TARA writer’s contest, and was a finalist in the Frasier Writing Contest. Her novellas Resurrection of Hope and A Christmas Promise are available on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble.
Tamera is the leader of a ministry called Revival Fire For Kids where she mentors other children’s leaders, teaches workshops, and is a children’s ministry consultant and children’s evangelist. She has curriculum published and is a recipient of the 2007 National Children’s Leaders Association Shepherd’s Cup for lifetime achievement in children’s ministry.

You can contact Tamera online at these sites.



Review

Colonial America. Christian missionaries to the Lenape Indians, John and Anna live in dangerous times and, by way of their ministry, insert themselves into dangerous situations.

Anna once lived for the opportunity to serve God, to take His word to others. But now that she has three little girls to care for—and has lost a child—her faith is sorely tried. She’s no longer sure it’s worth the risk. John tries to protect her by keeping much of the danger from her, but his lies only increase Anna’s lack of faith and trust.

While John is off on yet another dangerous mission, Anna tries to bring the spirit of Christmas into their home with her daughters. At the same time, she struggles to maintain faith—in God and in her husband.

I enjoyed A CHRISTMAS PROMISE. It’s definitely a different kind of Christmas story, one that holds a message of trust and faith for every reader. Well written and researched, Kraft brings a special treat for history lovers during the holiday season. Recommended.



Mini-interview

What inspired you to write A Christmas Promise?

I was considering writing a historical novella set at Christmas time in Ohio. I started researching and came across the Moravians who settled the first Ohio village in Schoenbrunn Village. The more I studied them, the more fascinating they became. The Moravians came to Ohio as missionaries to evangelize the Natives. I also found many of our American Christmas traditions date back to the Moravians.

What smell do you love most, and why?

I love the smell of Christmas: cookies baking, nutmeg, and evergreen. Whenever I smell these, I know Christmas is just around the corner.

Please share a verse of scripture that is especially meaningful to you, and why it is special.

There are two verses that I call life verses. The first reminds me of God's promise to me. The second is my commitment to God.

The first is Isaiah 43:1-2. It reminds me that no matter what trial I am going through, I belong to God, and He will be with me.

But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

The second life verse became my life verse when I was saved. It was the passage the youth pastor preached on. I decided then to become a living sacrifice to God. It is Romans 12:1-2.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

1 comment: